Monday, February 9, 2009

Old, Rusty? Out of Shape? - Krav Maga Training

Sometimes people look at Krav Maga techniques and say, 'something is missing', it just looks too simple. And then they try it.

It works.

Comments from practitioners have included remarks such as;

I think Krav, with its emphasis on natural responses, is good for me. I think Krav and Paul Vunak's version of JKD are the best street systems, but I think that Krav is more likely to be usable when one is rusty. JKD trapping when not in good practice? I don’t' think so.

I read recently somewhere that WW II Commandos could still execute the combative they were taught forty years after the fact and without having trained in those forty years. Those techniques (which I have made it a point to learn about and learn) are simple and effective, if a bit limited in scope...

I, in fact, heard a story about a Russian WW II veteran, walking through the park and being threatened by two young punks. The two young punks, drunk and fully deserving of a good beating, tried to humiliate the old veteran. He reacted as he had been trained years ago in the Russian army, with a clutching grip on one man's throat and another man's testicles. He squeezed hard, and then casually walked away as calmly as before.

Click here to continue reading

Old, Rusty? Out of Shape? - Krav Maga TrainingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus