Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Krav Maga Be Prepared

By Moshe Katz

Give Me Your Money In Krav Maga we believe in reality training, we believe you should be prepared, but how?

We all want to be prepared for the worst; we all want to be able to handle ourselves in challenging situations, we all wonder; "How will I react in a real life violent encounter?" We resolve to "Be Prepared", but how? How can we prepare ourselves for the worst? Well, this is what Krav Maga is about, preparing for the worst.

Many of us, by our nature, look for short cuts. I guess I am lucky that I have never been that way. When I met with my course counselor in Bernard Baruch graduate school, New York, to discuss my course load, she asked if I had taken calculus, and several other 'core' courses that are required for my degree. Foolishly, some might argue, I replied, "Yes, I have taken most of these courses but it has been a long time and if I am to truly understand my course of study (Business) I think I should retake all these courses."

She looked shocked. This decision added an additional six months to my program. With a full time job it took me four years to earn my graduate degree. I do not believe in short cuts. "There is no easy way out, no short cut home." (Rocky)

In the martial arts, in self defense, some people...

Click Here to Continue Reading

Krav Maga Be PreparedSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus