Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Respect the Knife

By Moshe Katz

Knife ThreatDo I fear knives? I am not sure if I want to say yes to that, so I will quote my friend, the plumber/roofer. We used to repair roofs together. Part of the job involved hanging over the side of the roof and painting over rough patches with special coating to prevent water leaks. I did not enjoy this. I did not enjoy looking down 6 stories to a concrete parking lot. I tried not to look, or think.

When I expressed this to my friend and co worker Aryeh, he said, "I feel the same way. I am not afraid of heights; I have a healthy respect for heights."

We respect heights and we take precautions, because otherwise we might fall to our early demise. I feel the same way about knives. I respect knives, no matter whose hands they are in.

When I first started training in knife disarms...

Click Here to Continue Reading

Respect the KnifeSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus